This page is dedicated to Florida historical markers near Orlando Orange County Courthouse. There are many historical markers in Florida. This marker in is an excellent example.
Orange County Courthouse
This Florida Historical Marker is entitled Orange County Courthouse , and is located in Orlando in , Florida. The location is 65 E. Central Boulevard. Marker can be reached from E. Central Boulevard, 0.1 miles north of Court St.
Inscription on the Marker
The inscription reads:
Orange County Courthouse. Orange County Courthouse 65 East Central Boulevard Architect Murry S. King designed the sixth Orange County Courthouse in Orlando and supervised its construction until his death in 1925. The building was completed in 1927 under the supervision of his son, James B. King. It was known as the “Million Dollar Courthouse”. This Beaux Arts style building originally contained county offices, courtrooms and the jail. Plaque sponsored by The Orlando Community Redevelopment Agency .
Marker Sponsor and Install Date for Orange County Courthouse
Placed by The Orlando Community Redevelopment Agency.
Maps & Location Views
Using mapping services from Google, we can show detailed location maps and street views if they are available.
Sometimes you will be able to see the Orange County Courthouse Marker in Google Maps. A 360-degree view of the area near the marker is available on the link below. You can see the marker or monument and read it in many cases.
The History of Orlando
More than a century before the Pilgrims set foot at Plymouth Rock, in 1513, Florida began its modern-day history, of which Orlando is a part.
During this period, Florida was still part of the United States Territory and not yet a state; therefore, many Native American tribes occupied land throughout Central Florida, including Seminole Indians who had migrated there from Georgia during the First Seminole War (1817-1818).
In 1838, the U.S. Army built Fort Gatlin south of the present-day Orlando City limits to protect settlers from attacks by Indians during the Second Seminole War. During the Civil War, Orlando’s role included supplying the Confederacy with food, cattle, and horses from the vast plantations in the region.
Today Orlando is recognized as a global tourist attraction and entertainment city
About the Florida Historical Marker Program
One of the most well-known and noticeable public history initiatives of the Division of Historical Resources is the Florida Historical Marker Program. It is intended to increase residents’ and visitors’ enjoyment of Florida’s historic places and to increase public knowledge of the state’s rich cultural past.
About Floridamarkers.com & Florida Historical Markers Near Orlando Orange County Courthouse
This experimental site tests the functionality and capabilities of Programmatic SEO. This site is attempting a new method that helps to improve search engine visibility by creating dedicated landing pages at a large scale. Thumbwind Publications LLC owns this site.